Sunday, July 20, 2008

Potpourri

As some of you can imagine, I'm not really happy working at UPS. I've been looking for a supplemental job for awhile now, and I may have something here. Over the weekend, I interviewed for a job with T-Mobile. The great thing is, it sounds like this could be more than a supplemental income job, but a real job for awhile that could take the place of UPS and allow me to make a livable wage, finally!! So pray for me as the process continues.

Thanks to God's provision, we were able to pay off over $14,000 of credit card debt across four cards in just over three years, even while going to school. I'm really hoping that this will be the time in our lives that puts us ahead, financially. It's really great to have that monkey off our back.

And now for something completely different....
In my interview yesterday, I had to explain what I was doing with my degree(s) and what my goals were. It's difficult enough explaining "house church" (a better term is organic church) to someone who's a theologically trained pastor, but to a non-Christian all I could think about is that it came across like I was a cult member!

In other news, this Saturday is the big day: moving day. So much happening, new living space, new job (possibly), new phase in life, and please pray that we can get something going in our area by way of home Bible studies or something.

The only thing on my horizon is everything.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"potpourri?" it must be time for you to name the latest edition of your theological journal . . . wait, that's midwestern! potpourri . . . odds & ends . . . grab bag . . . all titles they've used in the past

seriously, though, good luck moving. sounds like you guys have a lot going on right now. i'll be praying friend

Toby D. said...

Certainly praying for you. I had my boss come to me again this past week and ask the sort of question. "So, what are you really going to do when you get your degree?" Work here I said. "Okayyyyyyy." He says. Not sure of what's going on with me. Miss you guys tonight. See you next week hopefully.